This recipe came from my daughter’s former Latina coworker. Except that you don’t have to grind any seeds or grains, it is so authentic that you could open a restaurant with it.
3 chicken breast halves*
6 flour tortillas (soft, taco size)
1 packet taco seasoning
1 small can of sliced black olives
1/2 cup water
Grated Monterey Jack cheese
1 can enchilada sauce (I use the large can)
1 can vegetarian refried beans
- Boil chicken for about 20 minutes to 1/2 hour, until cooked thoroughly and tender. Drain in colander, rinse under cold water, leave in colander to cool.
- Place tortillas in 200 degree oven for a minute or two to warm.
- In a large frying pan empty packet of taco seasoning; add water according to the amount specified on the packet, usually 1/2 cup.
- Remove skin and fat from chicken breasts and discard. Remove chicken from bone and shred into frying pan. Discard bone. Stir chicken and seasonings over high heat until water is absorbed and evaporated.
- Pour about 1/3 can of enchilada sauce into large baking dish. Coat both sides of the tortillas with the sauce and lay them out in the dish.
- Fill tortillas with chicken mixture lengthwise and with Jack cheese to taste; add a little cilantro, if you want. Fold each end of the tortilla over the filling and then sides, to make envelopes. Turn folded tortillas upside down.
- Pour remainder of sauce over tortillas, add more cheese and garnish with sliced black olives and cilantro. You may add cilantro to the filling, too, if you choose. Cover with foil and bake in 350-degree oven approximately 20 minutes, until heated through.
Serve with refried beans, sour cream, mango salsa, and the basic green salad. Guacamole and sliced mango add a gourmet touch.
*While this recipe calls for chicken breast halves with the skin and bones still attached, I have used the boneless, skinless breasts. I cook them in a frying pan with a little olive oil.
thank you for sharing with us, I conceive this excellent website really stands apart : D.
I’d must examine along with you here. Which isnt the first thing I usually do! I enjoy reading a organize that may make folks think. Additionally, thank you for permitting me to remark!
There is certainly noticeably big money to discover this. I reckon that you made sure nice factors in features also.